I miss blogging. I really do. I've been so busy. But I guess that's assumed when nothing has been posted for 2 months. Get ready for a quick summer recap:
1. Malibu. The best three weeks of my life.
2. Yellowstone. One of the most magical/bizzare places I've ever been.
3. Creationfest with my dear friend Katie. It's fine. :)
4. Week at the lake cabin. Many nights sleeping under the stars.
5. Moving into The Burrow.
6. Trip to Silverwood with incredible friends.
7. Classes start.
8. Nose pierced.
9. I'm now a freshman village leader :)
That's a pretty good wrap up. Now let me go into a little more detail.
1. Malibu is no short story. My previous post is a collection of all of my fellow summer staffers explanations of the impact it had on them. I love each and every one of them so much. I call/skype at least one of them every week. I miss them so dearly. God completely blessed me and taught me more than I could ever imagine while I was there. It was the real world. And now I'm back. Trying to recreate the community God intended us to live in. Not by my own strength. But with His perfect guidance :)
2. Yellowstone was a photographer's heaven. And even as a photographer I don't feel as if my photos give any of it any justice [beaver]. An excellent family trip with three of my best friends. We drove down hills so hard. Loved dem rockies :D
3. Creationfest. Oh man. Katie and I packed up the beast and headed to the hoppin town of Enumclaw. Driving through half a mile of pasture we finally were directed into our camping spot. First step out of the car: Toms ----> cow pie. Planking, fannypacks, and everything good filled this adventure. Switchfoot was probably my favorite. The candle lighting ceremony was incredible. Creation overall was ________(fill in any positive adjective).
4. Cabin on Lake Coeur d'Alene. Relaxed on the dock for dayzzz. Strumming the guitars with Dad, jumping in the water every 5 minutes, and relaxing to the max. Bliss.
5. I love having an apartment. My decorative brain barf is all over our walls. Come visit and you'll understand what that means :)
6. Silverwood. Aftershock. Front row. Epic. I have fantastic friends.
7. I love being a business major.
8. Hoop. Hopefully soon. That's what's up.
9. The Lord has been preparing my heart for this and I am loving every second of being a village leader and having the opportunity to invest in freshman. They are fantastic. God is so good.
Phwew. Still behind, but the posts will come more steadily now I'm hoping. Good to be back :D