Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Paid in Full

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We went out and talked with the lost and hurting people of Spokane today.
It's difficult to muster up the courage to talk to a complete stranger about God,
but I heard many amazing stories today of how lives were changed.
We were all quite exhausted so Megs, Lish, and I took a nearly two hour nap.
So wonderful. Just what we needed.
The seminar I went to today was on dating relationships.
The couple who gave the talk had been married for 5 years and they were just darling.
What they had to say was even better.
The talked about how it is important to balance time, talk and touch.
They also talked about how dating someone shouldn't be to make you happy, but to make God happy.
God needs to be the center of the relationship.
It was inspirtational to see a relationship that was God honoring, and to see how much they loved each other and God.
I am more motivated than ever not to settle for anything less than a God honoring relationship.
The talk tonight was about God's grace.
It emphasized how God has forgiven me of past mistakes,
and that things in my past can be let go now so that I can truly live for Christ.
He carries that burden for us.
It was good to hear this message tonight,
and to let go of things so that I can focus more on what is important.
I can live my life for Jesus and tell people about the freedom I have and pure joy it is have a relationship with our creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment