Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Friday, December 31, 2010

I am like the moon...

...without the sun I hang in darkness too.
Isn't that the perfect metaphor?
Without Jesus [the son] we will always hurt and have sin [darkness].
This morning I got up early to go on the prayer journey.
It's hard to explain what it is, but it was just what I needed.
I was able to analyze almost every aspect of my life,
and talk about it with God.
The talk tonight was about heaven.
Heaven is going to be amazing.
I know that's a given, but going over scripture and analyzing more specifics just made me more excited to go to heaven.
To see God face to face. I can only imagine.
New Year's Eve $5 Prom themed party started up up 10pm and we danced it up, took fun group pictures, and crowned our prom queens and kings.
Alicia told Megan she should fart on her pillow so she could get pink eye to match her dress.
Couldn't stop laughing :D
About ten minutes before midnight we began to sing in worship.
Worshiping in the New Year was one of the most incredible things I've ever done.
Surrounded by 800 college students all praising the Lord,
singing Mighty To Save as the last few seconds were counted down.
I felt God there with us. It was an incredible experience, and I know I won't be able to spend another New Year's Eve in front of a TV watching a ball drop on a dull screen.
It's just not the same.
We had an afterparty downstairs afterwards
 and the awkward couples dancing comptetion was by far my favorite of the night.
Couples holding each other's pinkies, holding a bible between themselves, and the interpretive dance of a steaming cabbage.
Neverending laughter.
Next we all got our grooves on for more dancing.
There is something great about Cru dances.
No grinding and nastiness out on the dance floor.
Just pure awkward, crazy, hilarious dancing.
No one cared if they looked silly, and it was extremely refreshing.
Of course they played some country songs and we broke out in some country swing.
My roomates and I downed a bottle of sparkling cider in celebration
and then hit the sack around 4 or so.
The best start of a new year that I have ever had.
Thank you God for blessing me.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way about worshiping in the new year last conference, and let me just say it gets even more amazing, even if you don't think its possible. I never thought they could beat last year, and then they did. I love this post :)

    ReplyDelete