Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Monday, March 08, 2010

Do it for Ultrafeast!

Oh my lanta, I'm alive! I was revived by white cheddar smartfood popcorn, and vanilla caramel truffle tea.
The most wonderful dinner, and exactly what the doctor prescribed.
[Proverbs 13:25]
[The righteous eat to their hearts' content, but the stomach of the wicked goes hungry.]
God provides me with what I need every day.
 I've been praying about getting some extra money saved up, and guess what?
God provided.
 Yesterday I had the "opportunity" to work overtime which I have never done before.
Though I griped and was completely exhausted, that was God giving me the extra money I have been asking for.
A blessing in disguise.
I ate to my heart's content :)
I started reading the introduction in my bible for Ecclesiastes...
The Ultimate Meaning of Human Existence
The author of Ecclesiastes sees a busy, busy human anthill in mad pursuit of many things,
trying now this, now that,
laboring away as if by dint of effort humans could master the world,
lay bare its deepeest secrets,
change its fundamental structures,
somehow burst through the bounds of human limitations,
build for themselves enduring monuments,
control their destiny,
achieve a state of secure and lasting happiness-
people laboring at life with an overblown conception of human powers and consequently pursuing unrealistic hope and aspirations.
He takes a hard look and concludes that human life in this mode is "meaningless," its efforts all futile.

WISDOM CONCLUDES:
  1. Accept the human condition as it is shaped by God's appointments and enjoy the life you have been given as fully as you can.
  2. Don't trouble yourself with unrealistic goals- know the measure of human capabilities.
  3. Be prudent in all your ways- follow wisdom's leading.
To sum up, Ecclesiastes provides instruction on how to live meaningfully, purposefully, and joyfully.- primarily by placing God at the center of one's life, work and activities, by contentedly accepting one's divinely appointed lot in life, and by reverently trusting in and obeying the Creator.

Sound good? Um, I think so! I'm ready for my next couple days of reading Ecclesiastes. It's some solid stuff :) 

I ended the night with Perfect Peach tea, biscotti, and a soak in the hot tub. Perfect.
Until next time...
[quote of the evening]
Erin: "Eat spicy foods...what's the opposite of that?"
Kevin: "Stick spicy foods up her butt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment