Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Saturday, March 06, 2010

[Good] Morning

Moon shining, my alarm clock sounded at 5:20am and Casey arrived just before 6. We picked out our teas and went out to the car to meet the doggys! Super sweet dogs, Pierre and Sarah. I love them haha. Listened to some Jon Foreman on the way over and I kept pinching myself to help me wake up.
Casey brought out the handwarmers and donned his intense hiking backpack and we began the trek up the mtn. There were some interesting people out on the path today, this one guy kept yelling at us but we couldn't tell if it was in english so we just kept walking. We unfortunately decided to not carry a huge rock [helping the community and whatnot], but doing something like that so early in the morning would have led to stubbed toes for sure.
Good conversation all the way up. I feel like I've known Casey for longer than a day haha we talked about anything and everything lol
When we got to the top the goods came out of the hiking pack. Blanket, two mugs, gallon of milk haha, scones, bagels, the works. We watched the sun do its last bit of rising and roughed around with the dogs a bit. Everytime another dog would come up to the top we would have to hold onto Pierre and Sarah because we didn't have leashes and they were only a little too excited to greet everyone :)
Once my bladder decided it was time to start back down, we started back down haha
We stuck the dogs in the trunk...;) and headed back to my house listening to Needtobreathe all the way back :) It was so worth waking up so early, I had a blast and hope we do it again soon.
I lost my tennis match today so I'll be ranked 3rd or 4th overall for the girls. I'm happy with how I did and had tons of fun with my matches.
Work was excellent as always. Me and Jose discussed kid tv shows [rocketpower, wild thornberries, doug, recess, the works] and had fun trying to remember names. The monkey from wild thornberries name is Darwin haha (thanks Colton).
Some ice cream came through the line and I started laughing because I thought it said "double chin" on it. I looked closer and realized it said "double CHURN". Definately not as funny haha
After work a group of us met up down by the river to hear Kevin's testimony. Halfway through it, a cop drives up fast, abruptly stops, and leaps out of the car shining his flashlight in our faces. Apparently the park closes half an hour after sunset. Who knew?
So we ventured over to Kirby's house and layed out on the trampoline to finish the Kevin's life story. It's amazing how God works in people's lives. He never gives up on people. Even when all seems lost, he reveals himself. I'm glad Kevin gave his testimony; it was inspiring and his honesty meant a lot.
After a great poop story we started back home. I finally hit the sack around 2am. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

1 comment:

  1. So good! We basically wrote about the same things. double chin, hahaha. And we should definitely do it again!

    ReplyDelete