Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Monday, March 22, 2010

‹◘»hØmë«◘›

I've been actually thinking about my home a lot lately.
About how I love everything about it.
The way my cat greets me loudly when I walk in the door.
The way it smells of yummy dinner all the time.
I love how I can walk through it at 2am in pitch black and not hit a wall.
I love how I've mastered the perfect drift through the family room in my socks as I sprint upstairs.
There's no way a dorm room can replace my home.
I'm sure going to miss it.
Tazo Awake Tea Soy Mitzo. Pure Bliss.
That and a morning quiet time set me up for a great day.
Good News. Scholarships are looking close to finished.
But I'm still going to have to miss YL club :*(
I wore my new Toms again today.
They are so unbelievably comfy, I'm quite impressed.
Guess who I got to talk to today :)
Jerod Shelby.
He helped me answer some questions for an Economics assignment.
I interviewed him on the aspects of owning his own business.
Shelby SuperCars.
He makes this sucker.
"The SSC Ultimate Aero sets the benchmark for supercars today. Achieving tremendous power via its twin turbo V-8 engine, it produces 1,183 horsepower and 1094 ft.-lbs. of torque making the Ultimate Aero the world’s most powerful production car."
Even validated by Guinness World Records.
And the best part is, the car's got more, they didn't even push it all the way.
My car has 200hp.
Aero has 1,000 more hp than mine.
Holy smokes.
My mind cannot even fathom.

On another note, I've become quite fond of the song Skeleton Bones by Mark McMilan
"We just wanna' love you
We just wanna' love you"
I cannot wait to hear that at Creation :)
"Let us love
Like we were children
Make us feel
Like we're still living
In a world I know that's burning to the ground
Give us time
To beat the system
Make us find
What we've been missing
In a world I know that's burning to the ground" ~ Needtobreathe
How come everything about a child is what we strive for?
To love like we were children?
To have a child-like faith?
They are so innocent, they have no idea of the real troubles of this broken world we live in.
As we grow older we are hit with reality.
God wants us to keep that innocent perspective though.
To try be blind to what we may not like about a person, and treat them as Jesus would.
So here's to being like a child!
Let's never grow up!
Second star to the right and straight on till morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment