Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Thursday, March 11, 2010

{Meaningless, a chasing after the wind}

Proverbs 15:13
A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.

I had a happy heart today. And I believe it lifted up a spirit. Today at lunch Alden and I sat next to Cristoval. We talked about silly Gonzo the spanish teacher, translating letters of sponsored children, difficult math, traveling out of the country, and housing foreign exchange students. A lovely flow of conversation :) I enjoyed myself so much, and Alden and I had some good catching up after Cristoval had to leave.

Proverbs 16:31
Gray hair is a crown of splendor, it is attained by a righteous life.

I found this verse today and immediately showed my mom :)

:::Photo of the day:::
I decided to try out water colors
...and I've decided I like them :)
Ecclesiasted 5:20

He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart.

I have been so happy lately. So happy I don't have time to dwell on the past because I am living it up in the present. God has blessed me with everything I could ever ask for. I want others to have such fulfilling lives as well. I want them to realize that life on this earth is meaningless, a chasing after the wind, without God as the center of it. No one wants to live a meaningless life. No one.

Side note: My best friend Jessi is in the every 15 minutes program, and she is "dead" today. Everytime I thought of something I wanted to tell her, it actually made me sad because I thought about what it would be like if she actually was dead. I couldn't call her and ask her for advice, tell her something funny, let her know about an amazing song I found, an amazing Value Village purchase, an inspiring bible verse, etc. I would be devastated. I want her back right now. Tomorrow come faster...

1 comment:

  1. Cool old people is a rarity. Actually...False. Every old person that came in tonight was extremely nice. So i guess this breed isn't all that uncommon. Last goal on the to do list: Be the coolest old person there is!

    You should consider doing some big paintings. Good idea just popped into my head, but I can't unleash the glory through textbox. ahhhhhh!
    Hopefully I don't forget.

    I did every 15 min last year. Some EMT's and I got to go around to each classroom and put everyone on stretchers. It was really moving.

    ReplyDelete