Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

4 Days

Dress: Value Village: $10

Creation 2010. 
The Classic Crime. Needtobreathe. Switchfoot. David Crowder Band. Skillet. TFK. SONSOFDAY. Audio Unplugged. Hillsong LIVE. Newsboys. Toby Mac. Matt West...

The lineup speaks for itself.
4 days of praise.
4 days of worship.
4 days surrounded by others who love God.
Others with the same purpose in their lives.

I went to Creation-Fest last summer for the first time. 
Despite some 108°F weather, it was a highlight of my summer.
Friday night.
Chris Tomlin.
Everyone in the whole Gorge Ampitheatre was standing with arms held out in surrender. 
The sky was cloudy except for right above the amphitheater.
Too many stars to count.
Chris took a moment and asked everyone to look up.
At that moment, a shooting star flew across the sky.
Coincidence.
I think not.
I felt God that night.
Singing worship that night with tears falling down my face...
 "I gave in, and admitted that God was God." ~C.S. Lewis
I can't wait for this summer.
Backpack Chair, summer dresses, and best friends, God.
Creation, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment