Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

[die.eht]

Ecclesiastes 11:7
Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun.

So I've started a healthy eating diet. I'm, as of yesterday, monitoring my caloric intake and making sure to excercise daily. It was fun making up a daily food plan and seeing how many calories I should be having to reach my goals. This helped :) So far I've followed it strictly and I feel great! I ran right after school today and then went over to Teea's to Turbo Jam! It was perfect outside today. Blue Sky. Slight Breeze. Needtobreathe Blasting out my Ipod. Glorious.

I received my third letter from Melvin yesterday. I broke down. It was from christmas and he wrote "As you read my letter may it give you reason to smile and bring joy to your heart." Just typing that brought tears to my eyes. He also told me that with the christmas money I sent him he went out and bought a t-shirt and pair of pants. Reality. I truly believe that sponsoring Melvin has changed who I am as a person. Reading his overly thankful letters... I can't even explain it, I just know that God gave me the perfect child to sponsor. Perfect. I immediately wrote him back. I'm choosing pictures to include right now, but I should be sending it out tomorrow...

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thougsand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love."
~C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment