Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Saturday, May 08, 2010

[Even when the storm comes, I am washed by the water]

Tennis matches this morning. I got to watch Meryn, and the grandparents came along to watch!
The matches turned to rain, Meryn's opponents forfeited, and we headed off to see NeedtoBreathe :))
After goofing around town for a bit, we headed inside.
Meryn and I got huge X's on our hands to proudly display that we're under 21 haha
The boys found us and we all waited in line, but once we got inside I headed straight for Seth's side of the stage haha.
Seabird was up first, they were pretty good.
They were absolutely hilarious.
The main singer was wearing a knit beanie with buttons, glasses, and a v-neck.
Perfect :)
He drank from a  coffee mug between songs, absolutely darling.
I would definately go see them live again, in fact, I'm already looking into it haha
Then Needtobreathe.
Bear and Bo kept coming really close to edge of the stage.
If I had reached out my hand, and Bo had reached out his, we would have touched fingers, and had a moment. That's just an idea of how close haha.
The moment the banjo started playing "The Outsiders" I couldn't stop smiling. My eyes even got watery :)
They were AMAZING.
Me and Bo made eye contact, and he smiled. They all smiled a bit while they sang, and you just knew they were having a great time.
I knew the words to every song, and sang loud and proud.
Seth was chewing gum and kept blowing bubbles during the songs, my mom and I found it quite hilarious.
He'd sing his line, then blow a quick bubble.
Then exited the stage, but we knew they'd come back for an encore.
And they did.
Starting with Hurricane.
And the crowd all sang along.

In the light of the morning
Can we change what we felt and heard
Can we turn it into the glory
Break the paths of our fathers before us
Though we stand on the outside
We will find what we once believed
And will crawl our way to the clear skies
Standing up we are
Standing up we are

"What a great song to end the night on," I thought.
But they weren't done :)
Next came Let Us Love.
One of my all-time favorites.
And another great crowd sing-along.

Let us love
Like we were children
Make us feel
Like we're still living
In a world I know that's burning to the ground
Give us time
To beat the system
Make us find
What we've been missing
In a world I know that's burning to the ground

I was practically yelling :)
So they must be done now, right?
No. Bear says,"We're gonna turn off all the speakers, and move up into the balcony so everyone can hear"
They rush off the stage, and climb the stairs up into the balcony.
A couple vacates their table for them and Bo and Bear stand on the bar stools with their guitars.
Bear puts his finger to his lips as the international symbol of "shut up", and the whole room is absolutely silent.
They begin to play Washed by the Water.
They get to the chorus, and the audience begins to sing along.
Not annoyingly either, just a nice background of voices.
Seth and Joe chime with the Cajun and shaker.
It was simply a beautiful moment.
It topped Prom in every way, no regrets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment