Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Monday, May 03, 2010

/Old People\

Today I had a Roasters Day.
I sat in that little coffee shop for about 2 hours, sipping my White Rocket, reading my bible, some magazines, and enjoying the company of the elderly.
I'm used to a younger crowd at Roasters, but on a Monday afternoon the hustle and bustle was of old people.
I love old people.
It makes my heart happy when I see old couples holding hands.
It makes me think of me and my husband.
How we're going to dress cute, and hold hands, and be in love, even when we're old.
They are so wise; they're been through a lot.
They dress cute; I'm going to dress cute when I get old :)
Some are sweet; and some are sour. 
But I love them all.
An old man was striking up conversation with everyone in the coffee shop.
He was about to leave when he started telling some ladies jokes that he had heard the other day.
Before they knew it he was sitting at their table telling them about his children and an 8 bedroom house he had built somewhere in the middle of nowhere that had taken 4 years to build.
It was darling.
And there were 3 old ladies sitting at another table going through homemade cards.
They were just discussing them with each other and what they liked about each other's cards.
Just enjoying each other's company. Discussing art.
Darling.
There were 90 mile an hour winds today.
No exaggerating.
My dad said people out at Hanford were sent home, stuff was flying off roofs, and it got up to 90mph winds on one of the bridges.
Scary stuff, no wonder tennis was canceled.
Intense and cramped week is just beginning.
Wish me luck.
Oh, and I had my fish sucker today.
It was nummy.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, old guys always seem to be womanizers. I did my senior to senior project with my Grandpa and asked him what the craziest thing he ever did with Grandma was. His response: If I told you, id have to kill ya. haha, jeez gwampa.

    sweet photos lurkin in the sweet photos.

    ReplyDelete