Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Saturday, July 03, 2010

"Cindy, we will hang out until the end of time."

Cailin was the only brave one to jump in today.
It was rather cold, but I still enjoyed bundling up on the boathouse deck reading my book.
I finished The Last Song today.
It was a great book, and it really left me thinking.
What would it be like if one of my parents suddenly got cancer.
I thought about how painful it would be to watch them start to wilt and get nearer to death.
I don't regret not spending time with them, unlike Ronnie in the book.
And I know that both of them are going to heaven, so that would make things easier.
But I can't imagine life without them.
They're the ones I go to for advice,
they're the ones that always make me laugh,
they're two of my best friends,
and not everyone is lucky enough to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment