Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Serious Cat

Do you want your mom?
Oh yes.

Today I had my blood drawn.
Everything was fine, she put the needle in, it hurt a bit, but in my mind I was like,"This isn't so bad."
Then the room began to spin.
And the edges turned black.
And then all I could see was black.
My whole body was dripping in sweat.
My hands were shaking.
For two and a half minutes I sat in complete darkness.
I could hear people talking, but when I opened my eyes as wide as I could, all I could see was black.
It was terrifying.
I imagined that this is what it would be like if I was blind.
Opening my eyes, only to see nothing.
I am so gratful for sight.

Karli and I made waffles this morning.
They were more than delicious.
We caught up on what was going on in each other's lives.
It was needed. I'm gonna miss that girl when I head off to college.
She truly loves the Lord. And I admire that.

[This is Serious Cat. He goes with me when I get shots]

1 comment: