Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Huntington Beach

[I want a cruiser so bad! Everyone in California has one on the beach. I literally saw thousands. I've decided I want a bright yellow one, Everyone keep on the lookout]

1 Corinthians 1:26-31
Brothers, think of what you were when you were called.
Not many of you were wise by human standards;
not many were influential;
not many were of noble birth.
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;
God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things to nullify the things that are,
so that no one may boast before him.
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus,
who has become for us wisdom from God-
that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

Going out on the beach and the streets of California handing out flyers for the Harvest Crusade and witnessing is not easy. It can be intimidating to approach a complete stranger, not knowing if they will completely reject what you have to say. I'm not prepared enough to do this. False. God chooses foolish, weak, and lowly things of this world to go out and preach the gospel. I don't have to be the elite to go out and tell others about Jesus. God showed me this verse during my quiet time today, and it helped me put things into perspective.

The weather was perfect and we passed out a couple hundred flyers.
I love our group, we have gotten close hanging out the last couple days,
and it's been a blast getting to know everyone.

We just happened to be at the beach during a huge surfing competition which was awesome.
Bethany Hamilton was in the competition, but got out the day before.
It was fun to watch though, I'd never seen surfing before, I'lll have to actually try it myself next time :)
My one and only car goal of the trip was to see an R8.
Day 3. I found it.
I was so unbelievably happy.
Even after we had to leave it , I could not stop smiling.
Now I have to think of something else to look for.
Ferraris, Lambos, Aston Martins, Jags, GTRs, NSXs, and a billion 6 series BMWs.
What else could I possibly look for, I've already seen multiples of all these and it's only the third day!
A Bugatti Veyron. Yes. That is my next target :)
We roasted hot dogs over a fire on the beach and watched a stunning sunset.
Perfect end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment