Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Friday, August 20, 2010

Put Your Records On

Started out my day with a run down to Reaney Park.
I didn't realize how far I was running since getting there is all downhill.
Coming back sucked haha
After convocation and another Skype sesh with Jessi,
midway I got a phone call and found out I got the job at the Image Shop!
Sam and I headed to check out The Thrift Shop.
I found a really cute sweatshirt,
and as we were leaving we picked up about eight old records for free!
I put the covers up on my bare wall above my desk.


I am more than satisfied.
Sounds of Music, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Chicago, Mary Poppins, and Flip Wilson?
Legit times a thousand. That's all I have to say :)
Off to watch a soccer game from the Balcony of the Scott dorms next.
It was insanely hot, so we left to meet up with the Schlect family at our room.
Next was the Lentil Festival.
I bought a ring made out of the handle of a spoon!


The lentil chili was cooked in this huge cooking pot; we were extremely impressed.


After roaming the festival we headed back up and checked out Resonate.
I made some friends and without even knowing it ended up sitting next to two people who went to Hanford High!
Small world. I think yes.
Stimson hall after that to check out Tyson's room (it's practically an apartment),
and then off to Teea's dorm to begin the movie night.
What started out to be just the three of us, ended up with eight people. It was fun meeting new faces.
 I've made so many new friends in the last few days, it's unbelievable.
The Last Song is a great movie. What can I say?
I would be attracted too lol.
We fit 7 of us in the car and were shuttled back to our dorm for the night.
What a great day.
God is good :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the ring. It's very Laurel. Flip Wilson was a comedian from like the 60's and 70's. He was very funny and was famous in his sets for saying "The devil made me do it". Too bad you can't listen to the record. The covers look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're having fun :) enjoy these early times when it's not weird to meet new people everyday, it becomes awkward after a couple months.

    ReplyDelete