Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Monday, October 11, 2010

Fruit of the Spirit

[I am in love with Zoe's hot chocolate. They put swirls and designs in the drink and I could just stare at it for hours.]

Galations 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is
love,
joy,
peace,
patience,
kindness,
goodness,
faithfulness,
gentleness
and self-control.
Against such things there is no law.

I've heard this verse countless of times and considered it to simply be a list.
A list of traits a good person might have.
It is not that simple. The verse is telling us more than that.
They are traits of someone who is filled with the Spirit.
With that perspective, reading that list becomes much more compelling.
With God in my heart, I can have all of those?
He will give me patience. He will give me joy. He will give me self-control.
What we need, God will provide us with.

Today I did homework and homework and homework.
Paul and I stayed up till early morning finishing chemistry and calc.
We made up a game where you put a mouthful of yogurt in your mouth and then have to say the word the other person shows you and not spit up all over the place. It was hilarious. A perfect homework break. We da we da best :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment