Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

A Little Bit of Pocket Change

...
I wore my new shirt and ring today.
I gave Joey a fist pound with my flower knuckles.
I have officially found the most comfortable shirt in the universe.
It has these awesome flying squirrel armpits.
They make me a happy camper :)
...
Daddy-O and I got to spend some more time together today.
I went to his booth at the career fair and started asking one of his newbies a bunch of questions.
I asked if he liked the people he worked with, and he said yes.
He then pointed out my dad and said that he was a blast to work with.
He said he was funny, and that I would really get along with him.
That cracked me up. He had no idea I was his daughter.
Then my dad poked me on the shoulder and asked me if I wouldn't mind ironing some of his clothes later.
That REALLY weirded the guy out, but he just tried to laugh it off.
Finally, once I wrote my name down on an emailing list, he realized who I was.
One word. Punk'd.
After my last class of the day we headed out on a motorcycle ride.
The weather was glorious, and he showed me some special spots around town.
He showed me the tunnel where he proposed to my mom :)
Ate some dinner.
Had a heart to heart.
Went and visited Chandra at work.
Then back to the room to say goodbye.
Next weekend is Dad's Weekend.
So I won't have to wait long :)
...
I learned that day that everything created cries out for something more
And even under the prettiest surfaces,
the undercurrent rages war,
And sometimes to get to you,
you gotta get knocked down to the floor,
And that’s why he brought you here…
[Jonah Werner tomorrow, I can't wait.]

No comments:

Post a Comment