Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Take you to the forest...

...let you feel the raindrops falling down.
2 Corinthians 8:13-14
Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed,
but that there might be equality.
At the present time your plenty will supply what they need,
so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need.
Then there will be equality.

I read this verse and it pretty much summed up perfectly my experience with sponsoring a child.
I have known this concept as soon as I began the commitment of sponsoring Melvin,
but reading it in the bible, having it so clearly written out,
it's amazing.
I almost want to disagree.
I feel like it is not equal.
I feel like I have the better end of the deal.
Getting letters and hearing the sincerity in the thankfulness,
and simply being able to help someone who has so little
has been the greatest blessing.
Someone on the other side of the world prays for me.
Someone on the other side of the world thinks I should be a professional photographer :)
I love you, Melvin.
I love you very much.
God is going to do great things with that boy.
I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment