Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Closing my eyes

"To one who has faith, no explanation is neccessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."

That is the only way to describe it. Today's sermon at church talked about 2 Corinthians 4:18 and it made me stop. I reread it a couple times and I liked how it said this world is temporary. I forget sometimes. But it is. Don't get wrapped up in worldly things, because does it matter in the long run? No. Will those things be up in heaven with you? No.

2 Corinthians 4:16-17

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.


Thinking about heaven is so exciting. Today was just one of those days that God showed me verses on how I will be rewarded if I keep living my life for him. Rewarded with a rich life. But more importantly rewarded with the promise of heaven.

1 comment:

  1. I think about heaven all the time.
    such a miraculous thing to ponder on, and makes life now seem that much worth it in the long run.
    =)

    ReplyDelete