Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Somewhere over the rainbow...




Just a few notices:

  • If you are afraid of clowns, you'll think this is funny, please watch.
  • Take my Poll!!!! on the right toolbar :)

And now for today:

I heard back about the Compassion Booth! I will be volunteering The Hoppers event Feb. 20th 6-9:30pm. I have more to look into, and some training to read up on, but I am extremely excited about telling others about my experiece through sponsoring a child. I understood one of my two math problems. Progress haha. I finally had the chance to go to Key Club today. I've missed the last few weeks becuase I've been without a car, or had to work :( I found the long sweater I've been looking for for the last month and a half! Only $15 too :) I went to Cafe Night and I would definately say it was a success. Acoustic music is the best, and I even got to hear some ukulele! Somewhere, over the rainbow...

What is life about?
(I was emailed this yesterday)

Paul's conversion was a classic and authentic religious conversion. It was an inner and authoritative experience, not just an idea, not hearsay, nor some secondhand information given to him, not textbook knowledge. Afterwards, he knew. God has no grandchildren, only children.

Every person has to come to the God experience on their own. Conversion is a foundational change in life position, perspective, and finally, one's very identity. After the transformation God is not out there any more. You don't look at God as a separate identity; you look out from God who lives in you and through you and with you. That is a major shift, probably the most major shift possible for humans.

Like Paul, a converted person becomes convinced that they are participating in something bigger than themselves. After conversion you know you are being used, you know you are being led, and above all you realize your life is not all about you! You are about life! It is happening inside of you and all God needs is your "yes" and your participation. It is likely the hardest yes you will ever utter, because your years of habit will all shout "not possible," "not me," and "not worthy."

No comments:

Post a Comment