Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Monday, January 04, 2010

Gift that Keeps on Giving

Proverbs 19:7
He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward him for what he has done.
Today it rained, and apart from going to Plato’s Closet with Tess and attending a Gov. meeting, my day was rather bland. This being so, I would like to introduce you to Melvin. He is my sponsored child in the Philippines. Deciding to sponsor Melvin was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Not only is he benefiting, I am benefiting just as much if not more. He inspires me when I read his letters he sends to me. “May we know each other better as time goes by.” The fact that someone across the world who I have never met is excited about getting to know me absolutely blows my mind. It’s totally a God thing. I will never be able to read Jeremiah 29:11 anymore without instantly thinking of him. I am so happy that my money that I make can go towards bringing someone out of poverty and closer to God. My absolute dream is to go visit Melvin one day, it is a $4,000 trip though. Yes, a problem for someone working part-time at Albys. All I can do now is pray for him, and I ask that anyone who reads this does too. Pray for all children in poverty. Pray that they have an opportunity to learn about God, understand his love, and know that he has “plans to give you [them] hope and a future." ~Jerimiah 29:11
This is one of Melvin's favorite verses:
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

1 comment: