Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

{20 odd miles atop a Schwinn}

"Hey Nick, I'm ready to come over and own you on the video games."
"Hey, we kinda want to go to the river. You down?"
"Sure! Want me to drive?"
"No, we're gonna bike."
"But no one has a truck to put the bikes into."
"No, we're gonna bike TO the river."
"Kay, I'll meet you there...in my car."
"Oh no you won't, you're coming!"
We biked a total of about 20 miles to the river and back.
Before today, I've never biked farther than maybe a mile or two.
Really stepped it up today haha

I went to Village today.
I really quite enjoyed it.
I met a lot of new people, and we had good conversation.
We mainly talked about selflessness.
It's easy to get carried away with trying to be a "good christian" and have others view you in that way.
The thing we fail to do is realize that our actions should be to please God, not impress others.
We should do everything thinking of him, and how we can glorify and spread his word.

Philippians 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit...


We also talked a lot about how having non-christian friends is not a bad thing, but our closest friends should have relationships with God. They are the ones to go to for advice. They are the ones who will help you grow spiritually.
Jesus spent time with the lowest of the low, and the most repulsive sinners. Obviously it is important to not limit yourself only to christian friends. But the ones Jesus was closest to, his disciples, those are the kinds of people we need to keep close.
Overall a great study.
 I felt some convictions, and I know what God is pressing on my heart now.
He made it loud and clear.


Matt and I went to go see Toy Story 3. It was darling. I recommend it to everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment