Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Friday, June 04, 2010

This is Real.


I did it.
The first name called.
Walked out in my toms.
Received my empty diploma case.
And that was it. High School. It's officially done.
Our senior song [Space Jam] played as we all meandered outside, still in a daze trying to grip the reality of what had just happened. The official closing of one chapter, and the beginning of another.
Took pictures with about a billion people, I'll treasure them always.
Looking around I realized that I won't see most of these people ever again.
I wish them all luck. Class of 2010 will make the world proud. I just know it :)
Brad Smith did our speech and his main point was that
 "You're gonna die anyways."

When you look back, you will most regret the things you never did, not the things you did.
I'll take that with me as I head off to college.
I'm going to do that crazy [legal] thing that I maybe would not normally do. It'll be a memory, an experience, something shared with others. And when it comes down to it, it's relationships that are important.
"Don't love something that won't love you back."
People will love you back. Not your ipod. People.
That Top Gear top tip helped me out at the senior party.
I won not a single thing. But you know what? That's completely fine.
As people were walking away with their tvs, fridges, microwaves, rice cookers, and coffee makers, I just thought of how blessed I am to have the things that I have. It would have been nice to win something, but I know that the prizes went to deserving people, and that I will be just fine without them.
I got myself a henna tatoo, and a mouse pad.
I am satisfied :)
It's now 4:40am.
This is Laurel Adami...
...signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment