Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Thursday, June 24, 2010

::Safari::

This morning I met up with the Albertson's gang [Joe Coop, Igor, and Mariah] and we played some good old-fashioned tennis. It was super fun; they're pretty good too. I feel like we need to challenge a Winco team, or maybe Yokes ;)
After working up a good sweat I jumped in the shower, then proceeded to call my dearest friend Nicole Renard.
I told her I was on her way, and I was bringing coffee :)
When I got to the house we sat on her kitchen counter and talked for what seemed like an hour.
I'm gonna miss her so much when I go off to college.
She happily informed me though that she will write me letters, and that put a big smile on my face.
That is one of the things I'm truly looking forward to.

Letters.
There's something about a handwritten letter that means so much more than an email, text, or facebook wall post.
Something about being able to physically hold what that person was writing on the day earlier creates some sort of connection that is impossible to feel when staring at a cell phone or computer screen.
All of these modern ways of communication are great, don't get me wrong.
But nothing compares to a letter.

We decided we wanted adventure, so we donned epic hats, and went on a safari!
We took some hilarious pictures, and laughed a lot :)
I gave her a quick lesson on her camera, and then headed off to work.
Work was good. I have one thing to say though, to all you 30 year old creepers
"If you hit on me, I will hit you."
And on that bombshell,
Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment