Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Day 8. Hit the Town.

It’s so strange, at home I never remember my dreams, but here I have waken up either wanting to keep sleeping [and finish my dream], or simply had the clearest recollection of what went through my mind all night. Camaros, prom dresses, thanksgiving welcome homes, Albys, jamming out with random kids, strange stuff :)
In my quiet time today I read Galations 6:9-10 “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” It’s hard sometimes to rise above a situation and do the better thing, or to do something for someone with no reward. It is important to do it anyways. Isn’t it enough to know that it is pleasing in God’s eyes? Ephesians 6:7 “Serve whole-heartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men. Everything we do is for the Lord. That mindset is crucial.
The rest of the day consisted of shopping, shopping, shopping :) Our first stop was a thrift shop, my favorite. I found an amazing $3 camera case, a necklace, and $1 earrings. The next stop provided some mexi-blankets, and then 10 for 25 cent buttons at the quilt shop.
We started out the shopping in t-shirts, and ended up bundled in sweatshirts as it snowed. Weird. I know. Buffalo and snake meat along with cactus fries [real cactus, yes] were an interesting evening snack.
And we finished off the night with a soak in the hot tub, and some Project runway.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I love you "ALIEN FRIEND" pic in this post Laurel were you and you sister afraid to go into what I would call that store "Alien's Rule", you were brave it looks like after all.

    ReplyDelete