Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Monday, April 05, 2010

The Peach

Storytime:
The Peach is the neighborhood huge, mangy, evil, fights other cats, orange, king.
Whenever we see this thing lurking around the backyard we scream and yell till it runs away.
Pepper gets in fights with it all the time, so we're not it's biggest fan.
We call it The Peach because it left peach fuzz [orange cat hair] all over the floor of our old boat one winter.
Anywho, I'm just sitting outside on the deck trying to figure out what my 365 picture will be when The Peach mosies over, walks onto my lap, and sits down.
The cat, that for the last year I have only but yelled and waved my arms at in crazed hysteria, just sat in my lap.
Forgetting our unfriendly past.
And starts to purr.
Of course I pet him and give him loves, but I'm absolutely astonished.
I take the opportunity to take some pictures.
When I pick it up to take it off my lap, it's like petting a bear that you've only seen in nature magazines.
I picked up The Peach.
That doesn't happen haha.
Overall a lovely experience that made me wish people were so forgiving.
Laurel Adami...out.

2 comments:

  1. haha, our cat "Raul Ibanez" is the same way. And same color too.
    give him loves.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang, you held the peach! that made my day!

    ReplyDelete