Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Phil Nye the Godly Guy

Phil, Phil, Phil, Phil....
That is what we chanted as he meandered on stage [Not Phil Nye haha].
It is official, like a referee whistle, Phil Wickham has the voice of an angel.
Some artists [*cough* Rihanna *cough* Taylor Swift] do NOT sound good live, but I would even go as far as to say that Phil sounded even BETTER live. He sang with such ease, yet with so much passion.
Leeland was the same. And when he smiled... :)
I cannot imagine having not gone to this concert, it was amazing, and that is that.
Afterwards Jessi looks over at me and says,"And the awesome thing is, the night has just begun."
We shuttled over to Shari's and the flustered waitor woman person pushed chairs together until all 12 or so of us fit snuggly around a distorted oval.
When we were done, we headed back to Noah's and all the guys kept saying saw how we were gonna pull an all nighter. Great haha.
We get there and Jessi and dump our gear downstairs.
We all chit chat and watch a Switchfoot DVD on repeat for a while.
James taught me how to play Fifo or something like that. A soccer game on xbox. I sucked, but he taught me how to do this sweet break dancin move on the field [supposed to steal the ball, but it just looked like he was straight up dancin].
Jesse played some tunes, glorious.
I made an awesome bracelet out of the cornerstone of a wicker basket chair. Win-Lose, oh well.
We ate some popcorn and made some tea.
1 turned into 2,
2 turned into 3,
3 turned into 4,
By four O'clock James has become my favorite person in the world.
Pure entertainment.
By 5, we start to crash.
By about 5:30 I lay down in the pita pit and engulf myself in my blanket. [I hate it when people can see my face when I sleep, I'm afraid they'll just sit and watch me drool or something haha]
By about 6am I relocate to the couch and its velvety goodness welcomed me right in.
I slept for maybe an hour? Then I woke up cuz I heard people eatin breaky.
I wasn't hungry, but I joined in with some worship out on the back porch.
I'll stop here, and consider past 8am as tomorrow haha.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment