Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Sunday, April 18, 2010

{In the middle of it all}

God bestows three blessings on man:
to feed him like birds,
dress him like flowers,
and befriend him as a confident.
To be fed, dressed, and have a relationship with God.
That is all we need.
Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
I have felt God with me everywhere I have gone in the last couple days.
It's been the peaceful places, the quiet ones.
When I'm in the middle of it all, just me and God.
Laying out on the river, just listening.
Sitting in the back of Jessi's backyard, in the warm sun.
Laying on my back in my backyard, watching a squirrel hop branches in our Maple tree.
For me it's these quiet times when I get to really admire God's creation that I feel closest to him.
I truly wish that everyone could have these moments.
I want everyone to know God, and all that he has done for them.
 [Excerpt from Prayer and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenence]
"Don."
"Yeah."
"Why don't people believe?"
"Why don't people believe in what?"
"In God."
"I don't know. Not everyone has a Volkswagen."
When I grow up, I will sell Volkswagens to non-believers :)
Overall a great day today, I got so much done.
Church and discipleship were great, as always.
Went to the Office Max and the mall to run some errands.
Fixed my tail light. No more random texts from people I haven't talked to in years telling me my tail light is out haha.
Took a nap, ate some dinner, drank some tea, and read my book all outside on a blanket.
Perfect :)
I ended the night with a motorcycle ride with dad.
Felt good to lean into those corners again.
I'll be riding to school soon, and I just can't wait.
Well, goodnight, and God bless.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if were going to have clothes in heaven. Maybe everyone will have fur of a lion. Not everyone has a Volkswagen. Hahaha. Can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laurel, This is a great posting wanting to let you know. I think now please don't take this the wrong way (I have faith that everyone has their own strength in knowing GOD, it's just SO HARD to be able to relate it to everyone you the person know because....the whole world doesn't relate to our heavenly father as you like,but this is because the world always tries/does tries to hide their true love by everyone doing what he or she wants...instead of just loving one another as we should).I guess for me Matt I can relate with you on wanting to have a easier way to share about GOD LOVE to the whole beautiful place we call Earth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh thanks for that Matt, I'm glad you could relate :)

    ReplyDelete